If so, then you’ve come to the right place!
Today, we’re going to tell you about the important questions that you as a home buyer should ask throughout the New Albany real estate transaction process.
Continue reading for these invaluable home buying tips!
New Albany Homes for Sale
When you decide that you’ve found the New Albany home of your dreams, here are three factors you should address right away:
- Location of the home
- Condition of the home
- Your offering price
Let’s break these down further.
First, let’s consider the location of the home. Here are some questions you may want to ask when searching for your dream Central Ohio home:
- What schools is the neighborhood zoned for? The good news in New Albany is that regardless of where you live, all school-age children go to the same schools. New Albany has a central education campus. Check out our helpful public school search feature to learn about various schools in the area.
- How close is the home to major thoroughfares? Many Central Ohio home buyers want to live in a place that puts them conveniently close to their jobs as well as recreational amenities in the surrounding area. Again, New Albany is conveniently located to all the major thoroughfares, shopping and the airport.
- Where is the home located price-wise within the neighborhood? Generally speaking, from an investment point of view, it’s better to be in the less expensive range rather than the top end of the neighborhood.
Now let’s look at the condition of the home. Here are some questions you should ask about the condition of the New Albany home you’re thinking about buying. Certain conditions may affect how much you’re willing to spend on the home.
- How old is the roof and other mechanicals in the home? Typically roofs last anywhere from 15 to 50 years, depending on the quality of construction materials used. As some of the homes in New Albany are approaching 20 years, it’s good to consider the age of the mechanicals as well (HVAC, Hot Water Heater, Sump Pump, etc…)
- How recently have the home appliances been replaced? If they’ve been recently updated, that’s a good thing for you as a home buyer because it means you won’t have to deal with those replacement costs for a while.
- How much remodeling do you need to do to be comfortable in the home? Some buyers enjoy home remodeling and often can purchase a home for less if they are willing to update, neutralize, or finish a lower level. If this is not you, then look for a home you can move right into.
When it comes to the offering price on a Central Ohio home for sale, you as a home buyer need to figure out whether that price is true to market value. So ask yourself these questions:
- How much does the seller owe on the home? If the seller owes more on the house than the asking price, you’re looking at buying a short sale, which can sometime be a lengthy process.
- How much are similar homes selling for in the area? This will give you one of the best indication of what kind of offer you should make on the house.
- How long has the home been on the market? The longer the home has been on the Central Ohio market, the more leverage you have as a home buyer to ask for a discount.
Start Searching for Your Dream New Albany Home Today!
I hope you have found the above information helpful as an interested Central Ohio home buyer.
Until next time,
Kate & Tony