Wonderful sense of community, beautiful neighborhoods, plenty of recreational amenities – there are plenty of reasons why people ultimately decide to relocate to New Albany, Ohio!
Today, I’m going to tell you about another reason why this Central Ohio city is so popular: excellent public and private schools!
Give Your Kids The Best Education Possible as a New Albany Resident
School-aged children living in New Albany are served by the New Albany Plain Local School District.
This remarkable school district serves about 26 square miles of area, and consists of 4 schools.
These are the four schools within the district, all of which are connected by tranquil walking trails on a beautiful campus:
- New Albany High School
- 7600 Fodor Road
- New Albany, Ohio 43054
- Phone: 614-413-8300
- New Albany Middle School
- 6600 Dublin Granville Road, New Albany, Ohio 43054
- Phone: 614-413-8500
- New Albany 2-5 Elementary
- 87 North High Street, New Albany, Ohio 43054
- Phone: 614-413-8600
- New Albany K-1 Elementary
- 5101 Swickard Woods Blvd., New Albany, Ohio 43054
- Phone: 614-413-8700
About 3,760 students attend the schools in the district each year.
The New Albany Plain Local School district has the distinction of being the only district in the entire state of Ohio where every school has a National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence designation from the U.S. Department of Education.
What’s more, all of the schools have been accredited by the North Central Association of Schools and Colleges.
Proof of this district’s excellent method of teaching and leadership are evident in such statistics as these:
- For the past three years, the state department of education has ranked the district as “excellent.”
- 100 percent of students in the district graduated last year.
- Meanwhile, 95 percent go on to college
- SAT and ACT scores for students in the district have steadily grown
Meanwhile, there are also several top-performing private schools in the immediate New Albany, Ohio area, including:
- Columbus Jewish Day School (k to 5)
- 79 N. High St., New Albany, OH 43054
- Columbus Academy (pre-k to 12)
- 4300 Cherry Bottom Rd., Gahanna, OH 43230
- Columbus School for Girls (pre-k to 12)
- 56 S. Columbia Ave., Columbus, OH 43209
- St. Charles Preparatory School (9 to 12)
- 2010 E. Broad St., Columbus, Ohio 43209
- St. Matthew’s School (k-8)
- 795 Havens Corner Rd., Gahanna, OH 43230
- Worthington Christian School (k-12)
- 6670 Worthington-Galena Rd., Worthington, OH 43085
- St. Francis DeSales High School (9-12)
- 4212 Karl Rd., Columbus, OH 43224
- St. Paul’s Luthern School (k-8)
- 322 Stewart Ave, Columbus, OH 43206
- The Wellington School
- 3650 Reed Rd., Columbus, OH 43220
Relocating to New Albany, Ohio
While you’re at it, please take a few moments to browse some of these additional New Albany home buying resources that we offer online:
Until next time,
Kate & Tony