When it comes to buying a New Albany home for sale, we can’t stress enough the importance of knowing what you’re looking for before you ever enter the market.
By knowing your non-negotiables when it comes to your dream home, you’ll quickly weed out the homes for sale that don’t match your criteria.
This will ultimately save you both time and money as you navigate the New Albany real estate market.
Continue reading to discover various criteria that you should consider when looking for your dream home.
New Albany Properties for Sale
Here are some common home buying parameters that will help find the New Albany home of your dream more quickly.
Location: Cul-de-sac versus corner lot
- Pros of owning a Cul-de-sac lot: It’s an excellent choice for young families with small children.
- Cons: Many home buyers perceive that cul-de-sacs mean there’s less privacy amongst neighbors.
- Pros of owning a corner lot: Typically corner lots are larger and they have fewer neighbors
- Cons: There’s more traffic noise. Plus, the chances of someone accidentally driving on your grass are higher.
Home type: Single-family home versus condo/town home
- Pros of owning a single-family home: Your home will likely enjoy great appreciation. In addition, single-family homes are more private and quieter.
- Cons: Typically they’re more expensive both upfront and in terms of maintenance costs.
- Pros of owning a condominium or town home: They’re generally less expensive. In addition, they’re lower maintenance than a single-family home.
- Cons: There’s less privacy and you don’t have as much noise control. Plus, you sometimes don’t get a private yard or balcony with these home types.
Story Height: Single vs. multiple story home
- Pros of owning a single-story home: It’s the preferred style for those who need wheelchair access. Also, it’s easier to clean.
- Cons: Some home owners feel safer if their bedroom is located on a second-story. Also, a greater portion of the lot is occupied by the one-story home, which generally has a ranch style. Ranch style homes tend to cost more because it has a larger footprint than a 2 story home.
- Pros of owning a multiple-story home: Home owners have more living space. Residents can have bedrooms on the second floor.
- Cons: Residents will have to use the stairs to access part of their home, which may not be good for people with bad knees or other health ailments. Also, room temperatures may be inconsistent throughout the house unless the home owner invests in dual heating and cooling units.
Miscellaneous factors to consider
- Number of bedrooms/bathrooms: Depending on your needs as a family, you may want anywhere from 2 bedrooms to upwards of 5; most home buyers prefer a minimum of 2.5 baths. Location of bedrooms is a personal choice – lower level bedrooms are less desirable than above grade but are a great way to expand the sleeping quarters in a home.
- Square footage: How much space does your family need to live comfortably? When considering that question, remember that cost-per-square-footage is less on larger homes than smaller ones. Also, consider whether the home’s layout effectively uses the home’s square footage or not.
Your New Albany, Ohio REALTORS
We hope you found the above information helpful as a New Albany home buyer.
As you can see, there are a lot of factors you should consider before you even begin looking for your dream New Albany home!
Until next time,
Kate & Tony