When a home is staged properly, it makes it easier for the home buyer to envision living there.
Meanwhile, an improperly staged home may make the home seem smaller than it actually is.
If you’re a New Albany home owner who recently listed their home, we recommend you read today’s Central Ohio real estate blog to discover how you can effectively stage your home.
New Albany, Ohio Homes for Sale
Before you ever begin staging your home, it’s important to first clean and declutter your home.
Once you’ve done that, you’re ready to stage your home in such a way that make it look cleaner, larger, and more inviting.
Here are some tips from professional home stagers on how to stage your home the right way:
- Arrange the furniture in such rooms as the living room in a grouping style known as a vignette.
- Group items in units of 1, 3 and 5
- Use fabrics that are appealing to the masses, such as silk and satin
- Replace personal photos around the home with universally appealing images such as landscape art
- Set out fake or real plants around the home to make it feel more inviting
- Place a large fruit bowl in the kitchen with vibrant red apples, bright oranges, etc.
- Use orange oil on dry cabinets to give them a nice polished look
As most home stagers will tell you, the key to home staging is to limit the number of bulky furniture in each room and to emphasize the details.
Here are some additional items that professional stagers often add to homes to dress them up:
- Silk Flowers
- Table Lamps
- Area and Throw Rugs
- And more!
Selling New Albany Ohio Homes
As your Central Ohio real estate experts, we’ll be more than happy to provide you with helpful advice at every stage of the home-selling process.
In the meantime, you may also consider checking out some of the real estate resources that are available online now, including:
Until next time,
Kate & Tony